Racine Alequin is a Licensed Mental Health Counselor, a Masters-Certified Addiction Professional, and holds the National Certified Counselor designation. She has been a counselor for over 12 years and has worked in outpatient, inpatient, hospital and community settings.
Highlights about Racine:
- Her therapeutic approaches including Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Positive Psychology, and Reality Therapy
- Experience working with the following clients:
- depression, anxiety, relationship/co-dependency, general mental health concerns
- substance use disorders (including dual diagnosis)
- post-traumatic stress and other trauma-related disorders
- conduct disorders
- legal involvement
Racine has a Master of Science in Clinical Mental Health Counseling from St. John’s University, is a credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor from John Jay College of Criminal Justice and earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Criminology with a minor in Psychology from the University of South Florida. Additionally, Racine also has a graduate certification in Forensic Criminology from the University of Massachusetts Lowell.
Racine works closely with Advantage’s psychiatrist, Dr. Rizzo, our nurse practitioners and our TMS providers to provide a full continuum of care, including medication for all mental health issues and medication assisted treatment for those with substance use disorders (Vivitrol, buprenorphine, naltrexone).